Most errors are caused by faulty or outdated mods
Temporarily Move (not copy) your Mods folder (C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods to your desktop.
Start your game again
No problems now ? – Then you’ll have to check your mods.
Many mods become obsolete when a new DLC is installed.
The origin not running error
This error can only by caused by:
- Origin (or ZLOrigin) is still active/running on your computer. Close all instances of Origin/ZLOrigin.
- Your installation folder for the Sims 4 (or a copy of it) is still within another directory Electronic Arts, Origin, ZLOrigin, Origin Games or ZLOrigin Games. MOVE it to f.e. Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4 by Cut/Paste.
- Your anti-virus has disabled the crack Rld.dll, RldOrigin.dll and/or OrangeEmu.dll in your installiaton folder\Game\Bin.
- You placed a copy of TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe on your desktop instead of a shortcut.
Reason 2 is often caused when you installed the base game from G4TW’s download as this download automatically places the game in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
So MOVE, not COPY, your The Sims 4 folder out of the folder Electronic Arts.
Reason 3. is caused when you have not placed the installation folder The Sims 4 AND/OR the folder where you extract Winrar downloads in the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Extract your highest installed DLC again and copy the folder Game again to your installation folder.
This file is often attacked by your anti-virus program. When you download a DLC from the internet and your download-location is not under the exceptions of your AV, it will be “destroyed” immediately after extraction of the downloaded file/folder.
- Make sure your Sims 4 folder (not the one in Documents\Electronic Arts) is in the exceptions of your anti-virus program.
- You can download OrangeEmu.rar HERE.
- Don’t extract as yet but move it to your installation folder The Sims 4/Game/Bin
- Now extract OrangeEmu.rar with Winrar
- Overwrite the existing files
|Unable to start:
The contents of your user data directory were created by a new version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.
Ignore that mesage and do the following:
Go to the folder of your data directory, C:\User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.
You may have to repeat this action every time that Origin updated your game and your cracked version is not uptodate.
In Origin uncheck keep my game uptodate.