No cracks, no patches required.
Just download, install and play
With thanks to Mr.DJ
- Download The Sims Medieval all-in HERE
- When download is completed, mount the downloaded iso to a virtual drive. (Don’t know how ? – see HERE)
- Switch off your anti-virus
- Click on Setup.exe
- The installation will now start
- In the dialog-screen uncheck Bing Bar and click next
- Place the folder for Medieval under the exceptions to your anti-virus
- Turn on your anti-virus
This download is part of a multiple choice torrent
You don’t want to go through the whole tutorial ?
Open the file Options.ini with f.e. notepad
Change the line enableintrotutorial from 1 to 0
Save the file.
You can however change the language via the registry
- Open the registry by pressing the Windowskey and type R
- In the window type regedit and click on OK
- 32-bits Windows: Electronic Arts -> The Sims Medieval
64-bits Windows: WOW6432Node -> Electronic Arts ->The Sims Medieval
- Double-click on Locale
- Change en-US to the code of your language (example in the picture nl-NL for Dutch)
- Repeat steps 5,6 and 7 for the folder The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles
- Close the registry
Please note that changing the language will create a new folder in C:\Documents\Electronic Arts. You start the game again from scratch.
- Czech: cs-CZ,
- Danish: da-DK
- German: de-DE
- English: en-US
- Spanish: es-ES
- Finnish: fi-FI
- French: fr-FR
- Italian: it-IT
- Japanese: ja-JP
- Korean: ko-KR
- Dutch: nl-NL
- Norwegian: no-NO
- Polish: pl-PL
- Portoguese: pt-BR
- Russian: ru-RU
- Swedish: sv-SE
- Chinese: zh-TW.
Adapt game to your modern graphics Card
As this game is created in 2011, modern graphics Cards are not recognized and consequently your graphics card is not used at maximum possibilities.
How to add your graphics card to your game:
- Open the folder C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval
- Open the file DeviceConfig
- Scroll down to the === Graphics device info ===
- Look at the info after Name (database): It shows the name of your card and in brackets [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
When Found is 0 your card is not recognized. When both values are 1 you are OK, no further action required.
- Copy the line after Name (database) , do not include [Found and matched]
- Look at the line Chipset, write down the value after Device:
Suppose you have an Intel UHD Graphics 630 with Device 3e92
Add this device to the Graphics Cards of Medieval
- Open the installation folder of Medieval (rightclick on the shortcut on your Desktop and select Open file location)
- Open the file GraphicsCards
- In this example: Scroll down to the Intel Section
- After “Intel” 0x8086 type [enter] – it creates a blank line.
- In the blank line type card 0x3e92 a space and ”
Paste the card details from item 5 above and another ” at the end of the line
It should look like card 0x3e92 “Intel® UHD Graphics 630”
Outline to the right matching the other graphics cards
- Save the amended file.
Now delete the file DeviceConfig from C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and start your game to create a new file DeviceConfig.
When you now look in the new DeviceConfig it should show [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
In the option menu of Medieval you can update the settings for better resolution and graphics quality.