How to install the Sims 4 via Origin and also have cracked DLC’s
None of the cracked Sims 4 games provide access to the Gallery. As soon as you add cracked DLC’s to your Origin version, you’ll loose access to the Gallery.
When you update such mixed versions via Origin you loose your cracked DLC’s.
Things to consider:
- By default Origin installs the Sims 4 in C:\Program Files x64\Origin Games\The Sims 4 and creates an entry in the register for that location.
- The cracked G4TW version (and most other downloads) installs the Sims 4 in C:\Program Files (x64)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and requires moving the Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts to f.e. C:\Program Files (x74)\The Sims 4 afterwards. Our direct downloads offer you the choice of your destination folder.
- Most all-in-ones can be played directly from the downloaded .iso file and the contents of tyhat .iso can be copied to any destination on your computer or even external Hard Disk.
The safe (and recommended) ways of installation.
A. You already have the Sims 4 installed via Origin.
- Copy (not move) the folder The Sims 4 from C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\ to another location on your computer and make a new shortcut
from New location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4 or TS4_x64.exe for your desktop.
- Add new cracked DLC’s to that new location (copy/paste the files and folders from the download)
Now you can play both the Origin based version (with access to the Gallery) and the cracked version,
B. You already have a cracked version and want to install the Origin version as well.
- Simply Install the Sims 4 via your Origin-account.
- Origin will create a new shortcut for your desktop
Now you can play both versions.
Download items from the Gallery
As both versions use the same data directory for the progress of your game c:\User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4,
Gallery-items will be available for both versions
You can safely download from the Gallery via the Origin based game but NEVER EVER safe such a game as items from cracked DLC’s will get lost !
Use the Origin based game only for access to the Gallery, Play with the cracked version
When you open the Origin based game, Origin will try and update that game to the latest version which might not correspond with the cracked version, resulting in an error message such as
|Unable to start:
The contents of your user data directory were created by a new version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.
Ignore that mesage and do the following:
Go to the folder of your data directory, C:\User\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.
When you play a cracked game make sure that Origin is not active on your computer.