Move your legal The Sims 4 installation folder to another location
As The Sims 4 with all DLC’s need approx. 51GB disk-space, you might run short of space on your C:\ drive.
Many computers have more than 1 drive (f.e. drive D:\) that still has plenty of space available.
How to move your legal The Sims 4 from drive C: to another drive ? Don’t move it yourselves with copy/cut/paste
- Log in on Origin, not the EA app. (you can still download Origin via this file)
- Go to My Game Library
- Right-click on the picture of the Sims 4
- Select Move Game
- Browse to the drive you want your game to be moved to
- (optional: Make a new folder, such as My Sims Games)
- Select the folder
- When the game is successfully moved, exit Origin (In the taskbar click on ^ (near the clock), look for the Origin icon, right-click and select exit)
- Possibly you’ll have to re-run the EA DLC Unlocker.
Your complete folder The Sims 4 including your already added pirated DLC will be moved to the new location.
It will also amend the register-entries, your shortcut and all other elements.
When you also download this small file and put it on your desktop, it will open your legal installation-folder by just double-clicking it.